Family Support Worker, Wirral
Job TitleFamily Support Worker, Wirral
Job SectorSupport Work
Job Salaryup to £10 (per hour)
Job TypeFull Time
Term of WorkTemporary
A Family Support Worker required for an exciting opportunity in Wirral.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Pay £9.00 per hour
Start August 2016 - 6 months contract
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• To work flexibly in partnership with schools who have identified children and young people who need additional support to achieve the service outcomes as outlined above. This will include working early mornings and evenings.
• Develop effective relationships with parents and carers via a whole family approach, ensuring positive partnerships between parents /cares, pupils and schools are fostered and developed.
• Advise, assist and support parents to take responsibility for their child’s attendance, behaviour and health needs by building on the strengths of the family in addition to offering practical support where required.
• To promote the safeguarding of children and young people in accordance with LCC Safeguarding Procedures and the council’s framework for the care and protection of children.
• To work effectively and cooperatively with partner agencies using common processes including the Common Assessment Framework (CAF), Team Around the Family (TAF), and Lead Professional (LP) roles
• To use an assertive approach to challenge and confront families on negative behaviour and areas they need to improve on, whist being honest and direct.
• Develop clear individual targeted plans of intervention in accordance with the needs of the child / young person and their family as part of the CAF process.
• Adopt the role of the Lead Professional.
• To support families to develop practical parenting strategies that enhance positive parent – child relationships.
• To reduce inequalities in outcomes between the most disadvantaged children and the rest by implementing effective practices in narrowing the gap.
• To produce clear plans of support and robust records to demonstrate how outcomes aligned to service priorities have been achieved
• NVQ Level 3 in Child Care and Education, Youth services, Health and Social Care
• Relevant experience of providing targeted programmes of support to children, young people and their families
• Experience of undertaking direct work with children, young people and their families
• Experience of effective collaborative, multi-agency working to support children and their families
• Experience of delivering outreach / home based support to challenging families
• Experience of delivering practical parenting strategies