Job TitleChildcare Assessor
Job SectorNursery Nurse
Job Salary£20001-£25000 (per annum)
Job TypeFull Time
Term of WorkPermanent
An exciting opportunity has come up for a permanent full time position as a Childcare Assessor with one of our clients with an office based in Liverpool City Centre.
• Hours: Full time 37.5 hours
• Pay: £19,000- £21,000 depending on experience.
• Travel: 0.45p per mile, you will be a car owner driver and prepared to travel around Cheshire and Lancashire
• Experience: Hold a minimum of a Level 5 in Management
Roles & Responsibilities
To ensure thorough and timely assessment and achievement of all candidates undertaking QCF, in sector specific programmes.
- To liaise closely with all staff members and work-place providers/employers, regarding candidate requirements.
- To market the Training Provider in relation to; work placements, employment, promotion of programmes and courses offered by the company.
- To ensure that the Training Provider is viewed as a professional company by ensuring; good personal appearance, positive attitude, reliability and honesty.
- To ensure that all administrative functions that relate to; initial/continual contact, assessment, candidate progress and employer liaison, are completed on time and carried out to a high standard.
- To work closely with the Administrator, ensuring that information relating to unit achievement dates are provided on a monthly basis.
- To be fully aware of changes to sector requirements, by up dating knowledge and understanding of subject area through; attending internal and external standardisation meetings, attend training sessions/courses as recommended by Internal Verifier or Manager. Research current thinking and legislation and continue professional expertise by attending a work-placement annually for 1 week. Ensure that CPD is recorded in own CPD file and with the IfL (if required).
- To support all candidates, ensuring that; individual needs are identified and met, and recorded as acknowledgement of support given.
- To attend all staff meetings and candidate progress meetings, providing relevant information regarding candidate progress. Liaise with the Childcare Tutor regarding progress of UPK.
- To fully co-operate with Head of Training regarding, unit sampling and final portfolio submission. Work to set targets and report concerns about candidates or placements/employers that may slow progression.
- Ensure that you are fully aware of all documentation used for the assessment process and how it should be completed.Visit candidates in the workplace within 6 weeks of their programme commencing and every 4-6 weeks thereafter.
- To ensure that the candidate "12 weeks reviews" are carried out on-time and in the setting. Ensuring that feedback to the candidate is sourced from the manager or equivalent.
- To encourage employers to offer paid employment/training allowance every 12 weeks to those on EMA/equivalent. Record outcomes on the Training Providers documentation.
- To record employer evaluations on the Training Providers documentation, when asked by Administrator.
- To ensure that employers/placement providers are aware of the importance of the Induction Standards and that they are achieved in a timely and professional manner within the setting.
- To work effectively within the team and if necessary work in a cross functional capacity.
- This list is not exhaustive and at times there will be other duties the company will require you to undertake. This will be discussed before-hand.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and be able to supply the names of both employment and character references