SEN 1-1 Teaching Assisant, KS2, Halewood
Job TitleSEN 1-1 Teaching Assisant, KS2, Halewood
Job SectorEducation & SEN Support Staff
Job Salary£11-£15 (per hour)
Job TypeFull Time
Term of WorkContract
Fantastic opportunity for a qualified or part qualified Teaching Assistant to work with pupils with a Year 6 Class within a mainstream School in Halewood, Knowsley.
Start asap for the remaining academic year.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to promote the learning and personal development of the pupil you are supporting, to enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities.
Teaching Assistant - Job Information
• Start: ASAP
• Pay: £60.00 per day plus holiday pay
• Hours: 8.45am to 3.15pm Monday to Friday
• Working 1-1 specifically with a boy in Year 6 who has ASD and Behavioural Problems. He needs support with managing his emotions. Uses a rewards system which works well.
Teaching Assistant - Your responsibilities
• Aid the pupils learning in group and independent study
• Liaise with the teacher in order to adapt learning methods/approaches
• Provide regular updates/reports on pupils performance and behaviour
• To know and apply school policies on Child Protection, Health and Safety, Behaviour, Teaching and Learning, Equal Opportunities etc
• To provide individual support, as required, during examination sessions
• To accompany teacher and pupils on educational visits
Teaching Assistant - The successful candidate must have
• Relevant experience working with children in a classroom environment- ideally as a Teaching Assistant
• Experience of working with children with ASD/ Behavioural Problems.
• Working towards or to have the relevant Teaching Assistant, Childcare or Education Qualifications
• Ability to develop professional relationships with pupils and staff
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to deliver effective classroom management in line with the school behaviour policy
This could also be a suitable position for a candidate looking to gain classroom experience prior to starting a PGCE.
The successful applicant must be able to provide relevant references and a clear DBS check.